Mission & Vision
Working for the empowerment of the poor and underprivileged, with a special focus on women and children, Shramik Bharti facilitates and fosters peoples’ democratic institutions.
Committed to a human development approach, Shramik Bharti strives to enlarge people’s choices by assisting them in the development of their capabilities and preparing them to have better control over their lives.
Shramik Bharti is, therefore, a way of seeing and respecting people. Our programmes grow out of that respect. We have faith in the idea of truly democratic society, free from exploitations.
Guided by the mission, Shramik Bharti follows the following operational strategy:
- Organising the community around socially relevant issues.
- Developing the capacities of the community for addressing the developmental issues and its management.
- Enabling access to services and provisions being provided by the state and market.
- Aggregating the community-based groups and facilitating them to emerge as community-based organisations for continuing the interventions initiated by Shramik Bharti.
- To facilitate ecologically sustainable human development.
- To facilitate people-centric and people-owned development.
- To enhance capacities and choices for the disadvantaged groups and communities to improve the quality of life.
- To form people’s organisations and build their capacities for sustainable management of their organisations.
- To facilitate the process of democratic governance.
Sustainable living with equal opportunities for all